Saturday, December 31, 2011

Au Revoir, old friend

I sold the first chair I ever upholstered this morning. . . . . it was bittersweet. 

We just didn't have the space in our living room anymore (thanks to our new addition) and there are currently 3 other recently upholstered chairs (and one waiting to be redone) in our basement so I figured it was about time to clear some space (I mean, we can both be hoarders in this relationship, can we?). 

I think I found a good family to enjoy it. They came. Looked. Sat. Loved it. 
Said it'd be a perfect reading chair in their office. 

Then we creeped out the window, through the blinds, and took photos on our phones as they loaded her up. 

(Doesn't this look like a paparazzi photo?)



Take good care of her, Craigslist friends, a lot of love (and oh, so much time) went into her.

P.S. I think we are making a Craigslist chair purchase ourselves this weekend. We decided a pair of mid century modern chairs (rather than just the one) would be perfect. It's a small chair and looks a little dwarfed without a match. It was easy enough to do, I still have paint, so why not? I think I found a winner last night but I need to go check it out. Could be next week's project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment