Tuesday, May 1, 2012

who wears short shorts?

. . . . i guess i do, now.

i hate shorts. i find them uncomfortable and ugly and  the most unflattering piece of clothing i could ever put on.

want to see me in shorts? come to a 115-degree yoga class with me - otherwise, you're out of luck.

but i purchased my first pair of non-yoga shorts since high school on saturday. it may take some encouragement to actually wear them in public, but i did it. with, of course, extensive pressure from michael.

it sort of went down like this:

mq: try these no

me: no, i still don't wear shorts

mq: just try them. they're on sale.

me: fine (thinking- i'll just humor you and prove to you how insanely ridiculous i look in shorts and you will finally come to understand why i stick to skirts and dresses)

{try them on . . . come out of the dressing room feeling like i may as well be wearing a clown costume}

mq: love them. get them. they're a good deal. an extra 30% off.

me: no. nice try. i'm not a shorts person. i look stout and won't ever wear them.

and then i swear he took them from me and went straight to the counter and purchased them.
suddenly i was the owner of these jean shorts from the jcrew outlet:


i have a hard time thinking about shorts when it's been cold and rainy and we still have our heat on.

but perhaps they'll make a public debuet this summer. we'll see.
brian and michael might be my limited audience.

what do you wear with shorts anyway? i think that might be half my battle . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment