Friday, February 10, 2012

"working" from home

As much of a workaholic as I can be sometimes (and as crazy as it drives Michael to let me work away many a night and weekend), I must admit I often find it difficult to begin the actual work - when I work from home at least (which, this semester, is most days).

I was awake several hours ago, and my morning has included: a workout, cleaning the floors, organizing a few things in my closet, cleaning up my desk, and now aimless wandering across the internet.

Here I sit. A stack of books and papers. A to-do list that could possibly push me to the brink of a nervous breakdown if I look at it any longer. Pens and highlighters neatly lined up. Diet Coke in hand.
Ready to begin.

Maybe it's because I know once I start I just won't be able to pull myself away and suddenly 10am on a Friday morning will be 9pm and I will be in this exact same spot and suddenly realize I haven't stood up in several hours, I forgot to eat both lunch and dinner and am now starving, and my ever-patient husband will expect to have a conversation with me at some point in the day. . . . . .


In other life news: have you ever gotten an idea, seen a project on Pinterest you loved (story of my life) and thought "perfect. that's my next craft." And then you dig in and realize that yours is going to be in no way as cool looking as your inspiration? I've been feeling oh-so-defeated over my most recent secret Valentine's Day craft that I would show you, but I want to preserve the slightest bit of dignity.

It's almost humorous, actually -it looks like a third grader did it. Michael might have to settle for a hug on Valentine's Day - and, if he's lucky, an evening without work.

No comments:

Post a Comment