Monday, February 13, 2012

Paper flowers in my hair

I had the most genius idea. . . . ok, Pinterest did, but I'm taking some credit. Remember when Michael made me these flowers out of old books (which now sit ever so beautifully on my desk at school)? What if he made me smaller flowers - and then I hot-glued them to bobby pins? Ta-da! Beautiful new hair pieces for me. I mean, who doesn't want recycled books in their hair?

Here's where the inspiration came from.
I saw this on Pinterest and actually thought these were on a bobby pin! Turns out, it was just a similar project to Michael's first one. But I was so excited about it I decided that needs to happen in my life.

Krista from Sew Inspired gives a really great tutorial on how to make them and while I'm going to leave the flower making to MQ, I am definitely going to be wandering around Mil-town with this in my hair soon.

Of course, there are some practical problems. It can't rain. Or snow for that matter because wilted, smeared, crumpled pieces of book on a bobby pin and much less cool. I also can't wear a hat and it probably can't be too windy. But, on that first sunny, calm, spring day, you better believe I'll be rocking this.

No comments:

Post a Comment