Wednesday, December 28, 2011

patience is, indeed, a virtue


 . . . and one that I simply do not possess. As evidenced by my inability to wait even a few days to work on my beloved little green chair.

Within an hour of the fabric arriving on the 22nd I had the fabric laid out, measured, cut, and ironed.

Honestly, it was a fairly simple chair - only 3 pieces of fabric, plus piping - so once I got started, I was determined to finish it. Before Christmas. (Nothing like a little added holiday stress, right?)

In between shopping, and wrapping, and cookie making, and family bonding, I found ways to sneak into the basement for a few hours at a time to get those little legs primed and painted (the paint ended up being purchased just a few minutes before the Hardware Store closed on the Friday), put the fabric on, make and attach the piping, and attach those legs. . . . . all without MQ knowing.

I was determined to finish it as a Christmas surprise for him - it was his find, after all, and he was insisting on keeping it.

After an emergency call to my brother Christmas eve to help me attach those legs again (which, of course, caused me just about as much trouble as removing them!), and a final touch up of paint, it was ready and waiting for Christmas morning.

Turns out, it might be my favorite chair I've done so far. I get a little better with each one and this might be my best work yet.




Once our Christmas tree comes down we'll do some rearranging and find a permanent spot for her. In the meantime, she's the perfect height for Brian to peek out the window. 

Now, what's going to be next on my reupholstering agenda . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment