Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brown paper packages tied up with string

I took a short hiatus from studying tonight to wrap up the last of our Christmas gifts.

Here they all are in fully glory, just waiting for Brian to get ahold of them . . . . 
I'm envisioning waking to the sound of crumpled paper one night soon, coming out to the living room only to find he has fully destroyed my lovely yarn pom poms, mistaking them for his toys. His favorite brother-in-law has a gift under there too and without a doubt, that'd be the one he'd go for.







In other holiday decorating news, I'm searching for a new crafty garland to hang across our mantle. While I like my "peace on earth" banner, and am always a sucker for anything peace related, it needs something more. 


I'm thinking something like this:

sigh . . . isn't it just lovely?

My immediate thought: perfect. I'll make it. Tonight.

And then my rational side tells me it should probably wait until next year.

Honestly, my "Christmas break to do list" has gotten quite long and is beginning to stress me out.
 I think Michael's confused as to why I even have a to-do list on vacation, but I can't help it.
 It's a disorder.

Here's where the list stands tonight:

Read (and then of course, I have a separate reading list of a good 6 books to complete in those short 2 weeks)
Daily yoga classes
Reupholster my little green chair
See Next to Normal (have you heard? reviews are excellent)
Prepare and prep for gingerbread house contest (get ready, sibs)
Make cookies, chocolate covered pretzels and other holiday desserts
Emissions test and renew license plate
Get a massage (really. this should not be on a list, nor should it be stressful)
Use my groupon to get my nails done (she expires soon!)
Prepare for next semester (i.e. order books, get new school supplies, figure out scheduling)

that was therapeutic for me to write down. again. because you can never have the exact. same. list. written down too many times, can you?

so little pom pom garland, i may prepare to make you and think about you a lot, but you are the first thing added to my new google doc titled "Christmas break 2012 to-do list."

Yeah, that's for real.




No comments:

Post a Comment